My Precious Pictures, Inc.
My Precious Pictures, an award-winning production company based in Vancouver, Canada, was launched in 2018 by award-winning screenwriter and producer, Rachelle Chartrand.
Since its inception, MPP has proven itself to be a company to partner with and invest in.
Not only have we been consistently garnering accolades and awards for our projects, but we have received company and project grants, development loans and equity financing from the highly competitive programs at Telefilm Canada, the Harold Greenberg Fund and Creative BC, as well as private equity investment and vendor loans for our first feature film, CHAINED, which (so far) has distribution in the US, Canada and German-speaking Europe; and the VR narrative short DOWNLOADED, which was listed on Forbes' 2019 "Top 50 XR Experiences”.
MPP is a proud member of the Canadian Media Producers Association, Women in Film and Television Vancouver and Impact NFT Alliance.
- Chosen for the 2021 Producers Without Borders (Telefilm Coproduction Program at EFM)
- Chosen for the 2021 CMPA/Screen Ireland Networking Event
- Chosen for the 2021 Canada/UK Audiovisual Business Development Days (CMPA)
- Chosen for the 2020 European Film Market Mentorship (CMPA)
- Chosen for the 2020 Banff Spark Accelerator (Banff World Media Festival)
- Chosen for the 2020 Canada’s Trade Accelerator Program (World Trade Centre Vancouver)
- 1 of 6 CDN producers chosen for the Producers Lab; 2018 Whistler Film Festival; Executive Producer mentor - David Gross (ROOM, KIN, GOON)
“CHAINED” – Feature Film
- Winner - 2018 JETS Program (Telefilm supported international coproduction initiative and pitching competition held during the European Film Market)
- Semi-finalist in the 2018 Academy Nicholl Fellowship for Screenwriting
- Recipient of Canada Feature Film Fund, Telefilm (2019)
- Recipient of Polish & Packaging, Stage 1 from Harold Greenberg Fund (2018)
- Recipient of Project Development Fund Creative BC (2018)
- World Premiere at the 2020 Vancouver International Film Festival
- Nominated for six awards with the Vancouver Film Critics Circle awards including Best BC Film (winner), Best Canadian Screenplay, Best Canadian Actor (Marlon Kazadi), 2 x Best Canadian Supporting Actor (Aleks Paunovic and Adrian Holmes), "Canada’s One To Watch" - Titus Heckel (tied for win)
- One of only nine feature films selected for the 2021 Canadian Film Fest
- Winner Best Producer (Rachelle Chartrand), Winner Best Actor (Aleks Paunovic), Winner Best Young Actor (Marlon Kazadi); Nominated for Best Film at the New York International Film Festival, 04/2021
- Nominated Best Screenplay, Best Casting, Best Supporting Actor (Adrian Holmes) 2021 Leo Awards
- Nominated Best Film (budget > $100K) – Toronto Independent Film Awards
- Two nominations for Best Lead Actor (Marlon Kazadi and Aleks Paunovic) - UBCP/ACTRA Awards
“Downloaded” – VR narrative short
- World Premiere at the 2019 Venice Film Festival; Nominee, Venice Award for Best Virtual Reality
- 2019 Vancouver International Film Festival - Immersed Program
- 2019 Busan International Film Festival
- 2019 - VR Days - Church of VR
- 2019 Cairo International Film Festival
- 2020 Brussels International Fantastic Film Festival, VR
- Listed on Forbes' 2019 "Top 50 XR Experiences"
“Theory of Evelyn” – Series - Cocreator/cowriter
(in development with Sepia Films)
- Quarter-finalist - 2016 Austin Film Festival Screenplay Competition (pilot script ‘Black F*#King Holes’)
- Quarter-finalist - 2016 Script Pipeline Competition (pilot script)
- Inaugural recipient of the 2020 Creative BC/CMF/CMPA Regional Predevelopment Program (pilot/series)
- Recipient Bell Media Fund 2022
“Mist Among the Trees” - Feature Film
- Quarterfinalist, 2021 WeScreenplay Feature Competition
- Top 50 Finalist, 2021 Network ISA Fast Track Fellowship
- Top 10 Finalist (Mystery/Crime/Thriller genre), Table Read My Screenplay Competition
- Semifinalist, Filmmatic – Inroads Fellowship
- Semifinalist, Stage 32 Feature Drama Screenwriting Contest 2021
“Both Sides of the Gun” - Feature Film
- Chosen to represent Canada at the JETS Program, held virtually on Feb 16-19, 2021 (traditionally held in Berlin during the European Film Market)
- Rep Project for Producers Without Borders (Telefilm Coproduction Program at EFM 2021)